Free, confidential support is available for friends and family concerned about a loved one's gambling.
Whether you need help identifying if there is a problem, practical advice on starting a conversation, or finding out the ways you can help someone experiencing problems support is accessible and available at all times.
To find the support that best meets your needs and the services available in your area, call 1800 858 858 at any time.
If you are concerned about the gambling of someone close to you, you can also click on the links below to find further information and resources:
- Support Someone (Gambler's Help)
- Supporting Family and Friends (GambleAware NSW)
- Family and Friends FAQs (Gambling Help QLD)
- How to Talk to Someone with a Gambling Problem (Gambling Help QLD)
- Help for Family and Friends (Problem Gambling SA)
- Support in the Workplace (GambleAware NSW)
In New Zealand the national helpline is not just for those who gamble, but offers help and support for friends and family members too.
Call 0800 654 655 to speak with telephone counsellors night or day, or you can text on 8006